Evangelist, Mark Gaines-Magee, Minister
"LEADERSHIP IS ACTION, NOT POSITION"
Minister of Outreach and Developement .
Losers know what they are going thru,
Winners know what they are going to,
But the people of God know what God can do!
We are so glad you stopped by!
Please feel free to browse and find out more about who we are and what goes on! Take a good look around, because there's a lot to see. Be sure to get yourself an account for personalization. Take a look at our forums and chat wall to talk with one another.
If you live in or ever in the Kansas City area, we hope you will join us for a worship service soon! We consider it an honor to have you and your family and friends to visit us.
<object width="1280" height="720"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/3602146220891"></param><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/3602146220891" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="1280" height="720"></embed></object>
Parallel Senior Villas Ceremony
Parallel Senior Villas - 6246 Parallel, Kansas City, KS
66102. reserve your new home.
Communications Ministry Wednesday Announcements
May 1, 2013
What’s Happening today?
1. There will be a Ladies Day Meeting for about 15 minutes tonight, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 after Wednesday Bible Class. The next meeting will be on Sunday, May 5, 2013.
2. Attention all members of ALL singing groups: Your $10 registration for the Annual Singing is due tonight. Please give your registration fee to Patrice Hervey.
Happenings for the month of April
1. The Youth, ages 12 & up, will be having a Youth Seminar here at the building this Saturday, May 4, 2013 from 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Guest speakers will be Artrell Harris, Steven Hughes, Ernesto Hodison, Jr., and Donna Chatmon with the theme: “The Closer I Get to You”.
2. Blue Ridge Church of Christ will be having their 18th Congregational Celebration on Sunday, May 5, 2013. Bro. Michael Crosby of the South Garland Church of Christ in Garland, TX will be the guest speaker. All are invited to come. They will have morning bible classes at 9:00 a.m., Morning Worship Service at 10:00 a.m., Potluck lunch and Afternoon Service at 3:00 p.m.
3. Roswell will be hosting our annual Father and Son Retreat. I t will be on next Friday, May 10th and Saturday May 11, 2013 at Clinton Lakes in Kansas. There will be a list of things to bring and for all those that want to attend. If you are a son or father that needs to be adopted, please See Erik George or Bro. Jerry Jackson.
4. There are new homes that are being built on Quindaro Blvd. If you are interested in knowing more about these homes and the financial incentives that come along with it, please see Joy Hervey in the church office for your name to be added to an informational meeting list.
5. CORRECTION: Anyone who has a benevolent need, please do not take the need to the Roswell Finance department director, Oscar Williams but to those that are in charge of that area. Please see Bro. Tim Anderson.
6. We are saddened to know that Bro. Cedric Finley lost his brother, Reginald Finley on last Monday. The funeral was in Memphis, TN on Saturday.
7. Our Unity Prayer Service and Dinner will be on the last Wednesday of the month, May 29, 2013. We will be focusing on meat for the body and the spirit. There is a sign up sheet for items in the foyer.
For the Month of June
1. The Crusade for Christ will be in Montgomery, AL this year from June 23-27, 2013. Please make sure you view the information on the bulletin board in the foyer. Swope Parkway Church of Christ has a charter bus if you need transportation. Please also see the flyer for Bro. Willie Jackson’s contact information.
2. The Senior Citizens’ Ministry in conjunction with the Bridge-Gappers is planning a trip to Nicodemus, Kansas. Nicodemus is an all Black Town located in Northwestern, Kansas. It was founded in 1877 and was the first western town built by and for black settlers. This will be an overnight trip, June 28th and 29th. It is opened to anyone who is interested in learning about the history of this Historic Black Town. We are chartering a bus and will need to fill the bus, which holds 55 passengers. ALL MONIES ARE NONREFUNDABLE, NO EXCEPTIONS! We hope that you will join us. There will be a table in the Foyer for more details and a Sign-Up Sheet. If you have any questions, please contact Johnnie M. Williams. My number is 816-454-1156 (Home) and Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you are a new convert please stop by the visitor’s table and see Sis. Cheryl Campbell to have your picture taken.
Midwest Regional Singing
1. There will be vans purchased for transportation to the Regional Midwest Singing, October 26-27, 2013. Please see Tyrone Watkins or Patrice Hervey if you plan to attend and need a ride.
Sick & Shut-In
1. Zone 4 has sick visitation on Sunday, May 5, 2013.
Roswell Church of Christ
2900 Roswell Ave.
Kansas City, KS., 66104
913-621-0435, main line
Communications Ministry Workshop - TBA
All those that are working on any communications for the church, must attend the meeting. (Facebook, Twitter, Website, Bulletin Boards, Bulletins, Phone Blast, and Daily Texts
UPCOMING and PAST AREA-WIDE EVENTS:
UPCOMING AREA-WIDE EVENT:
1ST SUNDAY GET YOUR PRAISE ON GOSPEL SKATE NIGHT!
Remember to share and spread the word!
Get the word "O-U-T" and pass this on to friends, family....
Minister Mark Gaines
"Spiritual Life, Health, and Prosperity Coach"
***Please remember Southwestern Christian College and support them with your on-going contributions.***
Minister Mark Gaines
|Wed May 22||· 6:30pm|
|meeting again on Wednesday evenings during Bible class - downstairs.|
|Wed May 22||· 6:30pm|
|Fri May 24||· 7pm|
|Sat May 25||· 10am|
|Sun May 26||· 8am|
|Early Morning Sunday Services|
|Sun May 26||· 10:30am|
|Sun May 26||· 4:45pm|
|View Full Calendar|